Its the start of my BBQ series this is quite a fun one and i might have this run 6 or 7 weeks. now the key to a good BBQ is diversity. you want to give everyone the chance to enjoy something to eat. this will also show off how awesome you are as a chef and a hoast. There will be some themes that run in this series
1. Preparation the day before is key
2. Everything will be made from scratch or show you how to make an item you can buy from scratch.
3. These will be dishes you may not consider either in meats selection, flavours, sauces.
So we are starting off with chicken one of 2 Poultry meats I’m using in this series. for me i find chicken to be your foundation food there are very few people that won’t eat chicken if they eat meat.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 8 oz of uncooked bacon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbs of Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions chopped for garnish
- Makes about 9 skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, coconut aminos and Sriracha
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside for basting
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place the chicken strips in the sauce mixture and marinade for 30-60 minutes in refrigerator
- Preheat your grill – set to medium or medium-low heat
- Thread the marinated chicken firmly on the skewers
- Wrap each skewer with one piece of uncooked bacon
- Grill 5 minutes or so per side. Avoid excessive heat; you want the chicken to cook through without burning the bacon wrap. Baste often while grilling with the sauce you set aside.
- Serve hot and enjoy
i hope you enjoy these and have a go before next weeks Muscle Food Monday