its been a few weeks i kinda took a break then kinda got lazy. but I’m back and i want to introduce to you a concept i have recently discovered ( so I’m more than likely behind with this trend). so over night oats very similar concept to the salad jars i made early in the year. You pre make a load of a set recipe and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days in the air tight sealed jars this works out amazing cheep when you look at it from a financial stand point and these things taste amazing. Before we get to the recipe i ha e a few things to mention and a few confessions of changes i had to make.
I have half a litre jar size for these and had to add some stuff to pack this out to make 3 servings which the original recipe said it made my jars might be a bit small or it actually is suppose to serve 2 jars.
I had no chocolate coco powder so i used chocolate protein powder in mine. i think it was a fine choice it will certainly bulk up the protein levels. but maybe this tastes better with a dark coco powder.
I also bulked this out with greek yogurt just so it could serve 3 days. this is optional and i won’t add it to the recipe but if your looking for a thicker mix this works wonders.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbs. cocoa powder
- 1½ cups coconut milk (or other milk)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbs. finely diced dates or 1 tbs. date paste
- 1 tbs. maple syrup (or to taste)
- Chocolate chips and cherries for garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats and cocoa powder. In a measuring cup, combine the coconut milk, vanilla extract, dates, and maple syrup. Pour the ingredients from the measuring cup over the oats, and stir to coat evenly. Taste the mixture to see if it needs more maple syrup, and adjust as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. Garnish with fruit.
- These chocolate overnight oats will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
next week another recipe