ok so this is a learning curve for both my self and anyone that reads these blogs. This week was an experiment i wanted to make sweet potato wedges and i did want burgers with them but ended up having ribs because my old man had brought some and prepped them withought me knowing. little side note the ribs were not that good i will make a blog about how to do ribs properly so for now I’m going to focus on the wedges and how i did them this week.
With just a splash of oil and a pinch of seasoning and spice, you can turn the humble potato into delicious homemade wedges.
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
2. Wash the potatoes under cold running water, scrubbing well with a scrubber to get rid of any dirt (there’s no need to peel them).
3. On a chopping board, cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways, and then each piece in half again so you end up with 8 wedges or more.
4. boil them in a saucepan for 10 min
5. Sprinkle over a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, and the paprika on a baking tray.
6. Spread out into a single layer over a large baking trays sprinkle more paprika on, then bake in the hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
8. Use oven gloves to remove the trays from the oven, then leave to sit for a couple of minutes (this will make it easier to remove them from the tray), then use a fish slice to transfer them to a serving dish.
The Ribs Method dads way :/
1. Buy some ribs from Sainsburys or Tesco
2. put in a cooking bag filled with marinade
3. Set oven to 160ºc for 60 min
so over all these came out quite nice i will be doing wedges again next week but with something else just to see what other things we can put these with. i hope you enjoy them
For more food recipes keep it locked in next week