so i wanted o do something different with this salad series and here it is!!!! this is quite versatile suitable for the vegetarian but can be adapted to suit the meat eater. stacking isn’t really that important here i would advise keeping the dressing separate from the rest but the shelf life is still good when stored in a jar.
- 2 tsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 brown onion, sliced thick
- 1/4 cauliflower head, broken into florets
- 1 cup diced sweet potato or pumpkin
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2/3 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 tsp dried herbs of choice (thyme, rosemary, oregano or sage is nice)
- 1 cup baby spinach or other green leafy salad
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced (I used a pre-bought roasted peppers in a jar)
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
To roast, place cauliflower, sweet potato (or pumpkin) and onion with whole garlic cloves in a roasting tray with some melted coconut oil or dollops of ghee. Sprinkle with sea salt and dried herbs and roast for 25 minutes at 200 °C/390 °F.
In a separate pan or saucepan, cook almond flakes on medium heat until golden brown. Make sure to stir very frequently to prevent burning. Add almonds to the grilled vegetables. once cooked leave to cool down if storing in a jar!!!
Slice red peppers and pack in a jar together with some green leafy salad. Pack balsamic and olive oil in a separate container.
when having this hot and you want meat either a plane chicken or a steak some thing that won’t cover over the spices and flavours of the vegetables i opted for muscle foods chicken brests just cooked in the oven for 20 min
hope you all like this it is a big meal and with meat can serve 2 people.
many thanks Robert