so a while back i ordered some Tuna Steaks and with xmas and the holidays being all chicken, turkey, beef and and pork. i have wanted something different for dinner and i enjoyed last weeks tuna lots s i have gone with tuna again but something more complex i wanted to make it interesting so after doing some home work on what spices to use we have come up with this.
please note my pictures have the ingredients to serve 1 person as i was cooking for my self.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 2 wild tuna steaks (6-8oz each or go bigger if you can handle it!!)
– 1 Tbsp paprika
– 1 tsp of each: ground mustard, garlic powder, ground nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cayenne pepper, tumeric, red pepper flakes, coriander
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix spices together in a small bowl.
- Evenly distribute olive oil onto tuna steaks
- Rub the spice mix all over the steaks.
- Throw on the grill (med-high heat) for about 3 min / side. If you prefer it more rare in the middle (which is how it’s supposed to be served), don’t leave it any longer. Depending on how thick your steaks are, you may not need 3 min/side.