ok so wanted to make a real simple tuna dish that is easy to make and tastes great. decided on this as i had a few tuna steaks in my freezer from a order i made before xmas. this would be a great easy lunch or a quick dinner for those who don’t want anything complex or takes allot of time to make.
- 1 x Tuna steak
- 250g diced vegetables fresh or frozen
- 1 packet of Panchetta bacon or dice up some bacon.
Timings here are the key bits
1. Place the veg in a steamer or in a saucepan bring to the boil and cook for 20min to soften the veg
2. place bacon in a frying pan and slowly heat for 15 min i had this on half heat and had no oil in the pan so the fat of the bacon melted off and became a protective liquid for the pan.
3. depending on how you want your tuna done you will need to time this i gave my tuna 2 min each side and again i dry fried it. so with 4 min spare i put the tuna on and flipped over after 2 min.
4. place veg and bacon in colander to drain water off and mix together.
5. serve everything on a plate and enjoy.